Sunday, May 24, 2009

Stones

Alain said I have to include this little episode that happened. We were at church and my back started hurting. For those of you who know me, this is not unusual. However, every position I put myself in did not help the pain. I went to the bathroom, again not unusual, and there was blood. I was ticked because I knew that it was a kidney infection. I was teaching YW that day, so I was setting up for my class, but the pain came on like lightning. I went to go tell Alain that I was going to the ER and he had to take care of the kids. Bro. Williams saw me in the hall, and I must have looked really bad because he asked if I needed a blessing. Alain saw how bad I was, and after someone told him he had to come with me, he decided to bless me with his presence. (Sorry for telling you to shut up, hon!!) After we left the church we went to the closest ER and it was packed. I was literally rocking back and forth keeled over in pain and they wouldn't take me back. So I made Alain fly to the other nearest ER, and by then I felt like I was going to die (and I am pretty good at dealing with pain). I barely made it into the ER and the lady at the front desk started yelling for a wheelchair. Needless to say, we found out I did not have a kidney infection, like I had thought, but I was passing a kidney stone. To tell the rest of the story would take up way too much room, so all I will say is that I ended up having surgery that Tuesday, and now I only have about 20 more of those episodes to go. (No, my doctor wouldn't blast the stones that are still in my kidneys!) Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

  1. Poor Lady... I don't know what that feels like but I can only imagine... I hope they pass soon but I am sure the anticipation is agonizing as well!

    ReplyDelete