Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sickness...Yuck!!

Both Cole and Ty are sick. This has been ongoing for Cole since Ty was born 6 1/2 weeks ago. I thought it was just allergies, but when
Ty's stuffy nose just did not get any better and a cough developed on Sunday, I decided it was time to take them to the doctor. So, yesterday I arrived thinking it was going to be no big deal and we'd be home within the hour. Our regular pediatrician was on vacation, so we saw someone who we've never seen before. If our pediatrician ever moves, I will be up a creek without a padd
le. I've always known she's awesome, but this other doctor just proved it. She literally freaked me out, and I told her so!! I learned that if Ty develops a fever of 100.4 we have to rush him to a hospital to get a spinal tap along with numerous other tests. Fevers in babies this young is very serious, and she kept repeatedly telling me that---nice :) (Hence the freaking out part of the visit. The constant repitition of her telling me I HAD to take his temperature rectally as often as possible prompted me to go to Target and get one of those ear thermometers that claim to be more accurate than oral or rectal temperatures.) Two hours later and two breathing treatments later we were able to leave the office with both Cole and Ty having to be on nebulizer treatments (sp?). So, lovingly, mommy has been giving them their treatments every 4 hours. Needless to say, last night was rough!! With Ty still feeding every two hours and then both boys having treatments every four hours with only one machine between the two, it was fun. Luckily, my friend Rachel called today and found out our situation. She has an extra machine and let me borrow it. Hopefully this will make for a little easier of a night. Ty received a blessing last night (thanks Uncle Jake) and luckily he hasn't had a fever so far. I just hope the boys will be better soon, especially little Ty.
Here's Ty receiving his treatment.

4 comments:

  1. That's terrible! i hope they start feeling better soon! Let me know if you need anything...seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the new posts!! Cute family pictures, love them! I am so sorry to here both little guys are sick... that just serioulsy is no fun at all! I too have an extra nebulizer, just in case your ever in need of another one - hopefully your not though! Its been too long since I've seen you, was hoping to see you tonight, but with your kiddos sick maybe you won't be there! Anyway hope the both get feeling 100% better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been busy posting away! Cute family pics and I LOVE Logan's birthday cake! What fun! I hope the nebulizer treatments begin to make a real difference for the boys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yuck... That is no fun at all. We have been through that many times with MaKenna. The nebulizers are a life saver once you've got one though. Poor little guys. Hope they are felling better.

    ReplyDelete