Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Week from HELL!!!

Besides all of the stress with Ty being so sick last week, we got another added pleasure on Friday. I went into Logan's closet (which is connected to the garage) and noticed that his floor was wet. Now, it wasn't just a little damp like something spilled, but it was SOAKING wet!! I asked him why he didn't tell us his floor was so wet and he said it was because he didn't really notice. How could he "not really notice"?!? I also asked him how long it had been like that and he said, "Oh, a couple of days, maybe." I couldn't handle it, so I told Alain what had just transpired, and he automatically thought of the water heater. Sure enough, it had cracked and leaked all over the garage and Logan's closet. However, while getting that fixed we also realized that the thingy that brings water into the house was clogged. This was worked on ALL day Saturday by Alain, Jake (his brother), a friend and both our boys. 48 hours later and $1000 later it was fixed. I hope my wonderful husband learned that plumbing is best left the the professionals (love you hon :)), but I really do appreciate his best efforts at trying to save us some money. And just so you all are informed, that wasn't all that ruined our Saturday. I have to give a shout-out to our friend Joe and the fact that he has a "Stupid People Suck" blog, because I surely felt like starting one Saturday morning. ;)

This is what it looked like after the new heater was installed. I was too ticked the night before to take a picture of all the damage. It was WAY worse!This is Logan's closet after I convinced Alain that if we didn't rip up the carpet there would be mold there because it would never dry completely. Love you hon! Thanks Jake!This is what Alain and Jake did most of the day Saturday (like from 9 am-11 pm). They tried so hard!You can't really see it, but I couldn't resist getting a pic of Alain's plumber's crack. I think he was channeling some plumber skills ;)

4 comments:

  1. That really sucks! I can't believe that Logan didn't notice!?! but I guess he is a boy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debra... you crack me up!! ha ha. I am so sorry that you had to deal with that... sometimes, when it rains it pours. Excuse my puns, I don't mean to make light of the subject!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry...Jerry's Christmas present was a water heater...ours was great timing, but not as bad as yours getting into the house. I am glad to know I am not the only one that takes crazy pics...sorry...I won't be able to look at your hubby the same...at least not without "cracking" up! He did a GREAT job last night at Day Camp!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chad and I are having a going away party on May 29th at 7:00 at my parent's house. We would love to see you before we go. Let me know if you can make it!

    ReplyDelete