Monday, February 22, 2010

Star Wars

Cole, to say the least, is OBSESSED with Star Wars. He goes around humming the theme song continuously all day. If you see him shaking his hands in a ball and then throwing a pretend something at you, it's "The Force." Cole's collection of Star Wars "guys" as he calls them is getting pretty immense. Almost every day he asks if he can go get a "guy" from the store. As you can see, it was fitting that we throw him a Star Wars themed birthday party. Here are only a few of the pictures and events from his day.

I had a ton of fun planning it! I just love a themed party:) (If anyone's interested in having one before we leave, let's do it!)

There were 6 games, plus a pinata planned because I knew there were going to be a lot of kids there (17 to be exact). Because there were going to be so many children, I broke them up into groups, then we rotated through the games so each child had a turn to play every game.
Luckily I had help from family and friends, otherwise there's no way I would've been able to pull it off. (Thanks Lindsey, Jana, Jake, Mom and Dad!!!) Pizza and "Yoda Soda" (lime sherbet and 7Up) were our refreshments. Who knew kids would be so enamored with green soda?

Usually I get a cake from the store, but in order to save money I thought I'd make my own. Research on the internet brought me to the most adorable Ewok cupcakes. Since they're my favorite characters from the series, and they were the easiest character cupcakes to make by far, so I decided to try it. Boy, they were surprisingly fun and cute!

Thanks to everyone who came and participated in Cole's 4th birthday celebration!

I can't wait for Logan's birthday: airplanes! (Unless I decide to throw a little something for myself ;P)

No comments:

Post a Comment