Thursday, September 2, 2010

Back to School, ABQ Style

Look at this stud!!!

I literally cannot believe that my firstborn is in 5th grade!! Next year he'll be in middle school, and I don't know that I'm ready for that.
This was Logan's first day of school. We rushed to move so that he could be here on or near the first day of school. ABQ starts school way earlier than LV, so we moved as fast as we could, and it paid off. He started on the second day of the school year which wasn't too bad since the first day was a half day anyway.
So far he loves it and is thriving at Tierra Antigua. It is a new school that only opened last year. Coming from LV, it is an amazing school. It's awesomely designed, two stories, huge playgrounds and fields, instead of the brick prisons we've been used to.
Logan's only request was that he have a boy teacher. Unbeknownst to us, he got one!! He was so bummed because we knew in LV that he was going to have one, so he was very upset when he learned that he was going to have to switch schools. So far it's turned out ok, and he loves his teacher. I like TA because they are preparing Logan for middle school. They switch teachers throughout the day just like they do in middle school. So even though I don't think he's ready for middle school (he's my baby, and I taught middle school, so I know what it's like!!!) they're trying to prepare him as much as they can for the crazy experience he'll be having next year.
Good luck, Logan! I know you'll do and be great this year. I love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment