Thursday, September 2, 2010

First Girl's Trip.... Take 2

This is the Disney Concert Hall. It looks kind of like a ship, don't you think? It was a lot bigger than I thought it would be. We both want to go back and see a concert there.

There is a famous restaurant called Phillipe's. It is famous for it's roast beef sandwiches, so we had to try it. Who would've known that the night we went there they would be all out of roast beef? It was ok, though, we just went back the next day, and boy was it good. They need to have a sign on their squirt bottles, though. What I thought was a mild horesradish sauce turned out to be a hotter than hell horseradish sauce!! I literally felt my sinuses open up. We had the best lemon mirengue pie there. It was to die for. I didn't get a picture of the goods, though, because we were so hungry. It's probably for the best since you'd all be jealous ;)
Isn't it crazy? There were a ton of people there! It's really cool because the floor is covered in sawdust. It also had a bunch of old-fashioned telephone booths.

Next is what I like to call Little Mexico. It is LA's Garment District where there is a ton of clothing and other stuff. I can't lie, I was totally scared, kind of like the time I went to Tijuana, but I got the cutest stuff there for dirt cheap. Leslie and I get comments on our $5 purses we got there all the time. We would've loved to have gone during the week when all of the stores were open, but that would've just added to my anxiety and Leslie's pleasure ;)

Of course we went to the Hollywood Star Walk of Fame (that's what it's called, right?).

We drove around and around this twisty-turny street to get a picture of this sign. We were no where near it! Thank goodness my camera has a great zoom thingy.

Chinese Grauman's Theatre (or however you spell it) was cool, and I had no clue it was right next to the Kodak Theatre or that it was on the Walk of Fame.

It was cool seeing where all the stars have their award shows.

There was so much more that we saw and so many more things we got to do, ie: Dodger Stadium, the Ronald Reagan Library, shopping, every "Town" there was, more shopping, eating, and of course more eating. I can't thank Leslie enough for taking me and making my life so relaxing that weekend.

Anyone up for a Second Girl's Trip?!

1 comment:

  1. Leslie never takes pictures, so I didn't get to see any pictures of your trip. She had a wondeful time with you! I am shocked you didn't have a heart attack while she drove you around town :)

    ReplyDelete