Thursday, September 2, 2010

Bye-Bye Las Vegas :(

Many of you may not know, but Alain and I have lived in Las Vegas for 12 years until about 2 weeks ago. We moved there a year after we were married, so we felt like it was going to be home for forever. All our children were born there, and we created many special memories. However, Alain was let go from his job last November due to the economy. Nine months later, he got hired at a firm in Albuquerque. It was a shock for us, but we know this is where we're supposed to be.
We had a little get together thrown for us before we left. Thank you to all who came and said good-bye. We miss everyone we got to know in our years in Vegas, but we know we'll make new friends here in ABQ. This is just some pictures of the people who came to support us on this new journey.

Heather and Justin Williams. They were our neighbors for 7 years, and great friends. There were many a day/night when they were there when we needed them.

Lucien and Delight Paet. I was her visiting teacher, albeit a very bad one. Sorry Delight!!
Annie and Brandon Barkhuff. I taught their son Aidan in my preschool. I loved him!
This is Alain's friend, Catherine. She is one of the sweetest people I think I've ever met.
Leslie and Joe Terry. What can I say about the Terry's? We miss you guys a TON!!
These are some of the people Alain worked with at his old firm. (They are the good ones :)
Kelley and Reese Howell, Jennie and Rob Ogden, and Allison and Chad Waldron. They are all too much fun! They were always good for a hoot and a holler :)
Lindsey Sechrist and Brittney Herlean. I don't think I'll look at sushi the same again after this meal we had. OYSHI!!

1 comment: