Friday, April 2, 2010

Bellingham and Seattle, WA

Alain and I had a great time in Washington last week. We thought it would be a good place to move our family, but after being there we decided it was not right for us. I just didn't get the Brigham Young "This is the place" feeling that I was hoping for. Oh well, at least we got a vacation without the kiddos. (Thanks again, Alain and Jana, for watching them for us!)
We took a drive on Chatanuck Dr. (I don't think I spelled that right.) It was breathtaking. Here's only one of the many spectacular views we saw. I kept on bugging Alain pretending that I was in the movie Twilight.I almost hit a deer while we were driving.
We stayed with my Uncle Stan and Aunt Connie while we were there. I saw my uncle and thought of my younger brother, Derek. Man, it is uncanny how exactly alike they are! Connie and Stan have an amazing log home with views you wouldn't believe. The pictures, in no way, do it justice. It's for sale if you have 1.3 million you're just sitting on. :)
Here's the view from our room. AMAZING!
Seattle was soooo cool! It reminded me a lot of San Francisco's Pier 39 that I grew up visiting quite a bit. Here's us at the Waterfront.
Pike's Place Market had the prettiest flowers and produce I've ever seen.
Sadly, I didn't get to see a fish thrown. I was in the bathroom! (Where else, right?!)
Tulips are my favorite, and there were tons of them! Aren't they gorgeous?!
Not that's a LOT of cheese!
These donuts were yummy in my tummy :) We ate so much food there that I felt like I was going to be sick.
We got to see the Chittenden Locks. Sadly there weren't any salmon running. It would've been so cool to see that! The entire trip I kept saying, "The kids would've loved this," and this area was no exception.And, of course, the Space Needle.

We got to go to an oyster farm. It was freezing! Just a few miles down the road my Uncle and Aunt treated us to the best seafood buffet I've ever been to, and that's saying a lot having lived in Vegas for the last 12 years. I'd take another trip just to eat there again. Sick, I know.

The last day my aunt and uncle took us up to a summit with amazing view. It was a long bumpy ride to get to the top, and I had to go to the bathroom BADLY!! Stan said it was just a little ways and I jumped out right in time to run up to the woods to do my business. (I do have pictures to prove to my boys that their mother has peed in the woods, but I will not blind you with them here.) Anyhow, we got in the car and drove, kid you not, like 100 ft. further down the road just over a little hill, and what was there? A bathroom!! That's right, could've saved myself the humiliation and pee on my pants if we would've driven a 100 ft. more. Good times, good times. :)

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear you didn't love it. Maybe you will find something somewhere else!

    ReplyDelete