Saturday, October 2, 2010

Three Blind (By Blind I Mean Dead) Mice **Warning: May Gross Out Viewers**

**If any of you are wondering why I'm posting this ridiculously disgusting entry, it's because my gross husband made me!!!

When we moved into the house we're renting (which was vacant for a while and right next to a gigantic field) Alain and I heard some scratching outside our bedroom wall. We thought nothing of it because it sounded like the birds that scratched outside our bedroom in LV. One day Alain went outside to see if there was any bird poop so that he could start killing (I don't mean this literally) the little flappers with his lovely dart gun he bought specifically for this purpose. Guess what he found? NOTHING. OMG!!! That meant, as so he told me, that we had mice. (See me almost fainting, here.) I told him we had to call the rental agency (thankfully remembering that we wouldn't have to fork out a bunch of our $$$ for this) right away and get somebody out here ASAP. So, like most husbands do, he didn't. It wasn't until our son found a huge hole in one of his fruit snack wrappers as he was packing his lunch that Alain got some fire lit under his butt. I won't forget to mention the hundreds of little mouse poop I found littering our garage after Logan told me this!! Whatever it takes, right? The very nice "Mouse Guy" as we so affectionately call him came within a few days and said he didn't find anything to suggest we had mice. I told him we could hear them scurrying and chewing on stuff in our attic (see me dry heaving, here). To make a long story semi-short, he has come back 3 times and finally this last time caught 3 mice. We haven't heard them since, so hopefully we're rodent free now. If not, I might literally SCREAM (and not the nice kind of screaming, unless as by nice you mean a bunch of 4-letter words).

Here are the culprits:


1 comment: